G metal type letter O letter B letter L letter U McElman_100325_2290_E 01-11-07_1655

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tool #7

1. Create a PhotoStory or I-Movie.These resources are already loaded on to your district-issued computers.The sample can be something you might use in class, a sample a student might create, or something for you personally.I-Movie tutorial help. More iMovie help. PhotoStory help. More PhotoStory help. Atomic Learning PhotoStory tutorials (district password required)
I created a photo movie in Photo Story 3 using pictures of my students on our museum field trip. I added music to the story, also.2. Include pictures, music, and text and/or voice-over in your digital story.Each resource has music contained within it, but here are some copy-right friendly free music sources: Incompetech, FreePlayMusic, SoundzaboundYou should not use music from CDs you have without getting permission...all that music is copy-right protected!
I added music to the story, also.3. Upload the finished product to your blog. If it is a PhotoStory, be sure you saved it as a finished product--a wmv file or it will not load. If you made an iMovie, it needs to be a mp4 file.You will use the video icon on the Post Box tool bar.
I uploaded the story to my blog.4. In your blog, write a short post about your experience with digital storytelling. Include how you might have students use digital stories in your classroom.
I think that digital storytelling will be very beneficial in my classroom. In reading, for example, I can use it to teach beginning, middle, and end to my students. It will be fun for them to use actual photos to illustrate these story elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment