G metal type letter O letter B letter L letter U McElman_100325_2290_E 01-11-07_1655

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tool # 11

For your Tool #11 assignment:
In YOUR blog post, discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students.
Three things that I would want my students to understand about being good digital citizens are to be safe, to be a courteous user, and to use reliable and valid websites.
I would use brain pop videos to review with students information about internet safety and security. These will show the students what to be aware of when they are using the internet. I would also teach them to think about the information they find on websites, and not trust the information as truth just because it is on the internet. I would review a lesson about hoax websites that our librarian taught them during technology time last year. Above all, I would be monitoring my students as they are working on their computers to ensure that I can help them before problems arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment